ONLINE SHOW "OPEN"---SEPTEMBER 2019
- must be 18 years or older
- can be emerging or established
- must be able to communicate in English or Spanish
- $20 USD for 1-3 images of separate artworks
- artist can submit more than once if he or she has more than 3 artworks
- entry fees are NOT refundable and do NOT guarantee entry into the exhibition
- Best in Show - with small cash prize to be determined by number of entries and a free submission to be used at artist's discretion
- Diamond Awards of Excellence - available but not necessarily awarded each show
- Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Awards - available but not necessarily awarded each show
- Crystal Awards of Merit - number dependent on number of entries
- Honourable Mention - number dependent on number of entries
- Juror’s Choice - at juror's discretion
All award winners will:
- have their achievement highlighted and featured on the front page of the exhibition
- receive a special digital award page which includes juror’s notes ideal for use on their social media, websites and artist's portfolio
(no juror's notes for Juror's Choice, Crystal Awards of Merit and Honourable Mentions)
- receive a digital award certificate for their records
- have their name and winning artwork archived under Award Winners on this site as a link for future reference
- have their artwork showcased on Gallery Ring's official Instagram page
All accepted works of art will be displayed with artist name, title of work, medium and dimensions.
"Best In Show" winners must have a Paypal account to receive cash prizes. (Free and easy to create an account)
- two-dimensional works done by hand are eligible such as paintings and drawings
- photography, digital, mixed media, printwork and collage are eligible
- no sculpture, crafts, jewellery and fabric art
Gallery Ring looks for originality, mastery of medium, strong overall design and composition, creative and clear interpretation of theme and a solid, arresting impression and intention in each artwork.
- only 1 artwork and 1 frontal viewpoint per image is permissible
- cannot exceed 2MB
- in jpg format (NOT JPEG OR PNG PLEASE -- They are incompatible with the software used for the website.)
- files must be labeled as Last name-First name-Title of Art.jpg (example: Jones-Rosa-Sunrise.jpg)
- cropped to show only the artwork - frames, mat, other backgrounds and watermarks are unacceptable
- clear, without glares and in focus
Artist Statement : (recommended but not required)
- maximum 200 words
An artist statement is written in the first person and explains the artist’s purpose and inspiration for his or her overall practice or for the pieces submitted. It does NOT give the life story of the artist - that is a biography.
The statement will not be a factor during the jurying process but will be displayed in the exhibit for the award winners.
-Gallery Ring reserves the right to edit the information in order to fit parameters with screenshot pages and social media. Also, if content is erroneous, then corrections and edits will be made.
Artwork does not have to be for sale. Gallery Ring does not handle sales of art or take a commission but will direct inquiries to the artist.
Upon submission, artists will automatically be added to Gallery Ring’s email list and will receive future announcements and newsletters. If the artist prefers not to be on this list, he or she can email Gallery Ring and be removed.
- once the submission deadline has been reached, no image substitutions or changes will be permitted
- all artwork must be original and not done with help from teachers or be copied from work by other artists or photographers
- work that's offensive, violent, vulgar, distasteful or negative in any way against humans or animals is unacceptable
- artwork must not have been previously shown on this site
- all decisions regarding exhibits and winners are final
- all selected artwork must remain in the exhibit for the entire duration - early withdrawals are not permitted
- all submitting artists will be notified once the show is posted online
- Gallery Ring reserves the right to cancel, extend or change exhibition dates or content at any time
Click here to submit.